Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Sig P320: All the problems?

 I recently published two videos about the Sig P320 and the woes that platform is experiencing. The comments were all over the place, as one might imagine you would get from YouTube comments. Some accusation of me being a hater or such was definitely present, as well as the SiGsArEtHeBeStWhAtArEyOuTaLkInGaBoUt club. Look, from a purely outside perspective, I'll just say that the upside to the P320 platform is that it is quite easy to shoot.

I suspect, like many, that a lot of the claims of uncommanded discharges of the Sig P320 are actually user faults. If you give enough people a gun and ammo, sooner or later somebody is going to have a negligent discharge. And some of those people experiencing that issue will then blame the gun. But given the total number of issues here... well... I can't help but think there may be some fire associated with all the smoke.

Milwaukee PD is apparently emergency switching to Glock now, based on their issues. I know a federal agency that did the same several years ago because of the fits they were having with Sigs. 

Do I think the Sig is a bad gun? Nope. Do I trust it? Also nope.

The videos I did, in case you were wondering:

Short form video

Longer in-depth video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Langdon Tactical HK P30

One of my good friends let me borrow his LTT tuned HK P30. I have never been the biggest fan of the P30, but it is certainly a decent gun. M...