Wednesday, December 20, 2023

2024: It is going to get interesting!

 Election years are always difficult if you are a shooter, especially in terms of ammunition availability and pricing. Every election seems to generate the same sturm und drang: THE END OF DEMOCRACY and such. While I don't think that much hinges on a presidential election in the USA, they are certainly important, but this discussion isn't really about that.

What I'm concerned about really centers on the aforementioned inability to get bang bang fodder, but there are related issues. If we get riots, if there's another pandemic, if we have lockdowns, if the planets align a certain way, etc., things will get difficult in general, not just when it comes to trying to buy a few boxes (or cases) of 9mm. While I can't even begin to predict what can or will happen in the next 12 months, I suspect it'll be a bumpy ride.

Now is a good time to start considering those potential issues, so if you haven't already, I'd buy a few extra cases of ammunition. It won't go bad, and it isn't like you won't use it! Whatever you usually buy for practice, buy some more. If you have the budget, I'd buy the whole year's worth right now, and then continue to supplement it as time and and cash flow allows. 

If you reload your own ammo, get primers and powder now. It is all available and while it isn't cheap, it is probably as cheap as it is going to be. (And that sucks, but this is reality, not "what should be.") And for that matter, if you don't reload, but you always wanted to start, DO IT NOW. I even put together a video about it, which you can watch here

There are obviously other considerations. In general, having 72 hours worth of shelf stable food and water in the house never hurt anybody. Make sure you have a decent first aid kit along with some trauma level stuff in the event of the worst. Know how to use it all.

Take care of you and your family, as I fear things will get weird. If you live in a major city, have a plan to bug in and bug out. I hope I'm wrong and that 2024 is a very uneventful year, but as things keep repeating, I doubt that it will.

Lastly, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! Despite the fears that I have, I also have high hopes for us all. Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Langdon Tactical HK P30

One of my good friends let me borrow his LTT tuned HK P30. I have never been the biggest fan of the P30, but it is certainly a decent gun. M...