Friday, August 19, 2022

Got Made

 I was pumping gas and the guy on the other side of the pump asked: "What are you carrying?"

Me: "What do you mean?"

Him: "Your gun, I saw that you're carrying one."

Me: "Glock 45."

Him: "My man! I got a Glock 22 in 40 cal!"

Me: "Is that a gen 5? They didn't release the gen 5s in 40 until more recently."

Him: "Yeah it is. I take it you're in law enforcement? You got that look."

Me: "Yeah, but even before I got into it people thought I was a cop."

Him: Laughing, "I can see that. Do you know anything about Desert Eagles? I want to buy one in .357!"

Me: "They're fun, but you're probably not going to carry that around, they weigh 5 lbs empty."

Him: "Maybe I will anyway, I'll probably walk funny!"

Me: "No doubt. Take it easy sir!"

I was wearing my official "sort of not at work but headed there or back" uniform which is to say khaki pants and an unbuttoned shirt hanging over my gun. It is not quite open carry, but it is not really concealed either. It probably keeps some Karens from seeing the gun but anybody with even half a clue will know that I've got a gun on. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Langdon Tactical HK P30

One of my good friends let me borrow his LTT tuned HK P30. I have never been the biggest fan of the P30, but it is certainly a decent gun. M...