Monday, June 5, 2023

Concealed Carry Class

I just started teaching a class that meets the training requirements for a Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit. I hadn't bothered with it previously, having no real demand for it, but a colleague wanted one for one of his family members, and wanted something that wasn't cookie cutter. 

I put together that class. If I were to summarize it, it is probably 99% how NOT to shoot somebody, which, in my opinion, is important. If somebody wanted a class espousing going out and trying to find somebody to shoot, this is definitely not that class. This class covers the following:

  • Firearms Safety
  • Legal Concerns
  • Elements of Lethal Force
  • Civil Liability
  • Situational Awareness
  • Conflict Avoidance
  • Common Sense Concerns
  • Home Safety
  • Places Where Carry is Prohibited
  • Basic Firearms Fundamentals
  • Concealed Carry Draws

This class is 75% classroom, 25% range. If you're looking to get a basic "how to shoot" class, this isn't it, it is much more concerned with keeping you safe and legal.

I am only doing this class by appointment, 1-3 students is where I'm at right now, I won't take more than 3 at this time. I doubt I will do more than 2 or 3 of them in any given year. I'm not trying to be busy every weekend, but I know that some of my colleagues and former students are looking for something that will certify them for a Virginia CHP, and so I'm offering this on a very limited basis.

If you are interested in this class for you or a friend or relative, email me: juan.laluz@graydogllc.com, and I will get you details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Langdon Tactical HK P30

One of my good friends let me borrow his LTT tuned HK P30. I have never been the biggest fan of the P30, but it is certainly a decent gun. M...