Sunday, September 11, 2022

Canik Pistols: Too good to be true?

 I see a lot of people buying various Canik pistols and for many reasons. Some for fun, some for defensive purposes, and some for competition. The one example I tried was actually pretty accurate and it had a pretty decent trigger. I believe that one was marketed more toward the competition or faux competition crowd.

The issue I had with it: 3rd round out of the magazine nosedived and the gun choked up. Tap rack didn't fix it, I had to pull the magazine and screw with it before reseating it and running it. I only fired one magazine from it, but that one magazine convinced me that I wasn't interested in owning my own example of it.

The local range/fitness joint/gunshop carries several iterations of this pistol. If you go handle them they will doubtless feel pretty nifty. They also have all sorts of slide lightening cuts and gucci looking features, especially for their price point. 

I would, at least at this point, warn you away from them. Not that they may evolve into something decent with some time, but the ones I'm seeing and hearing about now are so-so in the reliability department. And they will doubtless suffer from issues when it comes to getting parts, which every gun will eventually need, at least if you do any serious shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Langdon Tactical HK P30

One of my good friends let me borrow his LTT tuned HK P30. I have never been the biggest fan of the P30, but it is certainly a decent gun. M...