Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Various Thoughts

 I don't have enough of anything for an in-depth writing, but here are a few random things...

I am still seeing ammunition pricing creep down, but slowly. If you dig you can get a case of 9mm for under $400 right now. That is still painful if you're remembering those good old days when you could scrounge up some for $180 a case. I don't know that we'll ever see that again, or if we do, it probably won't be during 2022. SG Ammo, Roger's Sporting Goods, and Norma are all good sources for inexpensive ammunition. Lucky Gunner is OK, but their pricing is higher usually. That said, if you can't find it other places, you may have more success at Lucky Gunner.

I saw a picture of the new Steiner MPS in Aaron Cowan's hands, which means he is probably beating it to death as I'm writing this. Looking forward to his video results, as this optic is a brand new entry in the pistol mounted optic world. There are really only three players right now, Trijicon, Aimpoint, and Holosun. As far as I know, most of the other entries out there are using Holosun electronics and changing the packaging up to one degree or another. I could be wrong on that last point, but I've heard it from multiple sources...

Speaking of pistol mounted optics, there is at least one major agency in my area changing over to them completely. Some local agencies have authorized them for some uses, but this will be the first agency going all in. I'm expecting good things, more to come on this one as I see it play out.

I ordered a Benchmade Bailout and will be getting it on Friday. I'm not the biggest fan of tanto style blade shapes, but the overall size and feature set got me curious enough to actually sink some cash into it. I'll be curious to see how it goes, but it may make my list of recommended folders. Speaking of that list, I probably need to write it out and publish it. That's something to do, but not tonight.

Speaking of orders, I have two things hanging out in the "ordered but still waiting" category. One is a slide that was sent to Agency to get their AOS installed. They quoted 20 weeks, which means I'll see it in March, I think. I also ordered a KKM barrel for my Glock, and I think their quoted turnaround for nitrided barrels is around 17 weeks, so that means I'll see it before that AOS slide, but not by much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Langdon Tactical HK P30

One of my good friends let me borrow his LTT tuned HK P30. I have never been the biggest fan of the P30, but it is certainly a decent gun. M...