Friday, February 4, 2022

Quickjack Car Lift

I bought one late last year, but didn't have a chance to get it assembled until today. It comes with detailed instructions, and there are videos online telling you how to assemble the system. I didn't find it to be too difficult, but I will tell you that you should read the entire instruction manual and then watch the video. That will put you in the best position to get everything together with a minimum of oopsies.

I got everything screwed together and the reservoir filled with no issues. Once I started the bleed process, however, I ran into a leak.

Where one of the long hoses screwed into one of the quick disconnectors, there was a leak at the threads. I had put sealant on it before assembling it before, but it didn't help. I tightened that fitting further, but the leak didn't go away. I ended up de-pressurizing the whole system, and then taking that fitting off of the hose. I cleaned the ends, re-sealed them, and screwed them back together, thinking that would fix the problem.

I fired up the system again and once again, that one junction leaks. So I depressurized the system again, took it all apart, and stored it. I've entered a trouble ticket with Quickjack, and that seems to be where we've left it for now. Given the fact that I entered that trouble ticket at something close of business hours wise, I doubt I will hear anything until next week. 

That also left me with the need to change my oil and rotate my tires the old fashioned way, which I did. So I was half successful with what I tried to do today.

I'll post another update when I hear anything back and let you know the path to resolution. I am hopeful that everything will come together quickly and with no more leaks. I guess we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Langdon Tactical HK P30

One of my good friends let me borrow his LTT tuned HK P30. I have never been the biggest fan of the P30, but it is certainly a decent gun. M...